When ordering spot UV cards, it’s important to review the following to avoid delays or unexpected print results.
- Ensure the file is 3.5” x 2”, and is created in CMYK 300 dpi with 1/16 inch (0.0625”) bleeds on all sides.
- Ensure fonts are larger than 8pt, and embed or outline them before exporting. Use sans serif fonts for best results.
- Separate artwork into two files: one is for the spot UV, for which the artwork’s color should be set to 100% black (C0, M0, Y0, K100.) Another file should be in the CMYK color space for artwork that is to be printed.
- If you require one side to be completely UV coated, the corresponding page in your template file should be entirely filled with 100% K.
- If ordering a 4/4 job with spot UV on only one side, please ensure that page 1 of your artwork is the spot UV side.
- Leave at least a 5mm (approximately 0.20″) varnish-free area around the edges. Extending the varnish to the edge of the card creates a high possibility of the varnish peeling off.
- Positioning of the spot UV cannot be 100% guaranteed. Please note that there may be a shift of approximately 1/16″ in the spot UV position on the printed product. We do not recommend placing spot UV on small text or very small images.
- Be sure to DELETE any hidden layers that are not intended to print (ie: setup guide layers or other hidden artwork layers) to ensure no risk of them appearing on the final print
- Export all files into PDF format with bleeds.